Image Map

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

"Forget the Frock"

Below is a challenge I read on a blog recently. They are friends of friends (Click here to read 5millionminus1) and this blogpost is by The Fox Family blog. I challenge you to do something similar!

Forget The Frock. 2013 style.
by The Fox Family





I am feeling it again... That little knot in my gut... The one that says, Let's Do THIS, WE CAN DO THIS.
Then, as customary with me... I huff and puff and say But God you don't understand... When I issued the Easter Challenge last year I had no idea how you were about to challenge me!

Friends, if you are new here, WELCOME! Around this place at Easter we have started this little tradition called "Forget The FROCK!"


You can read how it all started here and how it gained momentum here.
It's simple really.

We commit to give up our Frocks (you know those fancy little dresses we love to slap on for Easter). Yep, we kiss 'em goodbye and spend our money on something to wear on Easter Sunday that actually serves a PURPOSE... T-shirts, shirts that feed hungry babies, precious orphans actually.

But see the kink came last year just after people all over the U.S. joined us and helped raise $10,000 by Forgetting The Frock in 2012.

God moved me. Literally.

He sent my little tail right out to the Desert... The Desert Y'all! Where they haven't the faintest idea what a Frock even is!

So here I sit... In the Desert... Head buried in the sand and whining about how my new church won't be interested, it's too big, I have no influence... Forget The Frock won't work here.

But then, as if Jesus himself snatched me by the hair of my head...

God said, this isn't about YOU or YOUR church, sweet girl (because to me Jesus is very Southern).

YOU have no influence.
I DO.
I pierce their hearts.
I move them to action.

See friends... God is right (shocking I know). This isn't about what I can do with a blog and some t-shirts.

It's about what GOD is doing.

GOD is influencing people from the rolling hills of Kentucky to the sandy Valley of the Sun... From the snow lined streets of NYC to the bright lights of the Big D (and I do mean Dallas).

HE is stirring in the hearts of His people.

People, who for Easter do something as simple as wearing a t-shirt that helps care for the orphan. Because GOD says "pure and faultless religion is to look after the orphan and the widow and not allow the world to corrupt you." James 1:27

So again if you are new, WELCOME, we aren't crazy... Here we just love Jesus, Orphans and dressing for a purpose greater than ourselves at Easter.

If you are back to give it another whirl... Thank You. Thank You for being brave enough to Forget the Frock and feed an Orphan once again.

If you happen to be one of my new West Coast friends and you are still Googling the term "Frock," well, as you say here in Arizona, "no worries" you get to keep it casual as usual this Easter, just with a PURPOSE!

So here it is... for the 3rd year in a row... The Easter Challenge... let's toss aside our Fancy Frocks, lay down our desire to impress man and let's join forces to care for the orphan... let's...

Forget the Frock, Feed an Orphan!!!

"God is for people who are for his people and orphans are HIS people. So if you are for the Orphan... God is for you. " -Jen Hatmaker

Are you on board? Or maybe still on the fence... Just aren't sure where to snag your new Easter Shirt... Check out FeedingTheOrphans.org... every last drop of the money you spend on your "Easter" shirt goes to feed hungry babies in Ghana! I promise the shirts are cool and these folks are legit. Seriously... click on over there and Let's Do this... $13,000 in 2013!




Her follow up post is Click Here for Follow Up to Forget the Frock
Thank you Fox Family for the Challenge!
*Our shirts won't be available by Easter but feel free to chose another from the website above or http://www.147millionorphans.com/ * :)
I'm in, are you?

No comments: